On 14 Dec 2017, over 60 researchers congregated at the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE) for a half day workshop on Wearable Technologies that was jointly organized by HIFES of NUS and IMRE of A*Star. The workshop was opened with welcome speeches by Prof Aaron Thean, NUS HIFES Director and Dr. Chiam Sing Yang, acclaimed scientist from A*Star.
In the workshop, 12 NUS and IMRE principal investigators presented and discussed the diverse flexible electronics research topics:
- Filatronics and wearable efforts in IMRE
- Hybrid flexible electronics initiative in NUS
- Printable technology and solutions based processing as the platform for wearable applications
- Flexible and wearable materials including low temperature 2D materials and polymeric materials
- Nanoimpirnt and nanofabrication related support technology
- Flexible nanogenerators and photocatalysis devices
- Flexible magnetic memories and THZ emitters
The workshop has definitely opened up opportunities for future collaborations for both NUS professors and IMRE researchers in the area of wearable technology.